Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Hard To Answer Questions

Thoughts ending the week are on questions that are hard to answer.
We almost all do this at some point or another, in our lives, we are talking to someone and in the middle of a sentence, or after finishing one sentence, we draw a blank on what we were going to say next. It happens. Sometimes we get distracted by a sight or sound, sometimes the next thought just does not come, we know there was more to say but we, in an instant, mentally lost our place. As someone I heard a long time ago describe it, a brain fart, I am assuming they called it this because once it gets away there is no way to get it back, but I am loosing my focus on the title of this particular blog.
The other night this happened to my wife, after finishing one sentence she paused, now this was not one of those times when your spouse ask the question, what were we talking about. That is a question you need to know the answer to so you can show you were paying attention, in this case she had finished on the original subject and was going to move on to another when she turned to me and ask "What was I going to say?".
So the thought today is for the hard to answer questions there are only three answers, one needs, to respond to almost any that might come up in life, they are, yes, no, and I do not know. It may seem like oversimplifying but it works.